Pewaukee boys score 87 points at St. Francis
Pewaukee's varsity boys basketball team ventured to St. Francis on Dec. 11 for a Woodland Conference meeting and rolled to victory, winning for the fifth time this season with an 87-54 result over the Mariners.
Sophomore guard Evan Hansen scored 15 points for the Pirates. Junior forward Eric Lutzen also had 15 points. Junior forward Steven Mulvey scored 12 points, and sophomore Steven McGowan finished with 11 points.
Senior guard Nick Clement and senior guard Daniel Kemp each chipped in with 6 points for the Pirates, up 50-20 at halftime.
"We pressed them and got a comfortable lead," Pewaukee head boys basketball coach Mike Basile said. "Everyone played and played pretty well. It was important to get back on track."
On Dec. 14, the Pirates travel to Milwaukee Pius.
- Sailing: Olympics are synonymous with Pewaukee's Harken brothers
- Milwaukee Polo Club team falls
- Land O’Lakes: Sussex, Monches set for LOL West rematch
- Sports Scene: Good baseball on display in 2016 season for Lake Country programs
- Land O’Lakes: Three generations of Smiths have led Monches
- Football: Former head coach Tom Taraska joins Arrowhead football staff
- Land O’Lakes: Monches grabs two wins in Land O'Lakes West
- Golf: Lake Country golf courses bucking national trend, staying busy
- Golf: Kyle Driscoll leads local golfers at State Amateur
- State of Play: Skill-position talent increasing in Wisconsin football