Commenting login:
  • Log-in Edit profile
  • Register Logout

One alarm fire displaces 20 Oconomowoc residents for nearly an hour this morning

 Around 20 residents stood in the cold for almost an hour  this morning as the Oconomowoc Fire Department attendted to a one alarm fire in an eight family apartment building located at 1085 Lowell Dr. in Oconomowoc. 

Deputy Fire Chief Glenn Leidel explained that a light ballast in a basement hallway caught fire, causing a cloud of black smoke to fill a downstairs hallway. The fire was contained to the light fixture and the smoke to the hallway, and residents were removed as a precaution. The residents waited outside while the department put out the fire, reset the fire alarm, and ventalted the smoke from the building. 

A newborn baby and family waited inside a fire truck to escape the cold during the incident. 

No injuries occurred and residents were allowed to return inside.

This site uses Facebook comments to make it easier for you to contribute. If you see a comment you would like to flag for spam or abuse, click the "x" in the upper right of it. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Page Tools