Winners awarded at Sussex Lions Daze parade
Village of Sussex — The Sussex Lions Daze parade had almost 70 units and lasted a little more than an hour on Sunday, July 13. Parade attendees started setting out chairs as early as Monday, July 7, hoping to get an advantageous spot to view the festivities.
Under the direction of Sussex Lion Ralph Modjeska, there were a series of judges along the mile-long parade route to judge the best of the best. At the conclusion of the parade, scoresheets were collected and the judging committee awarded trophies in six categories.
The best float award was won by Uptown Art.
The most original award was won by the Jolly Giant Stilt Walkers.
Robert Summerville's Wacky Big Wheeler won the kids favorite award.
Perennial winners the Tripoli Motor Corp cycle and mini-car units were recipients of the crowd favorite award.
The best marching unit award was won by the Comedy Marching Band.
The most enthusiastic unit was awarded to the Heat All Star Cheerleaders.
A massive unit that combined the Hamilton Pep band, Chargerettes and Robotic Team was warmly received by the crowd.
- Menomonee Falls man accused of hit-and-run while intoxicated, his 4th OWI in 5 Years
- Hamilton High School 60s, 70s Reunion Picnic to be held
- Hamilton School Board still accepting applications to fill vacant Lannon seat
- Village of Butler completes first road project in 30 years
- Pages from the Past: July 27, 2016
- Parade winners announced for Sussex Lions Daze
- Hamilton School District preps for start of school year
- Supreme Court ruling impacts Sussex, Butler signage
- Sussex Fire Department will not consolidate; seeks full-time chief
- Retrospect, July 20, 2016: Weaver finishes up his time in the service