Man charged in sexual assault of child
An Arizona man was charged with two counts of sexual assault of a child, according to a criminal complaint filed in Waukesha County Circuit Court on May 14.
Robert G. Tevich, 65, was charged with two counts of sexual assault of a child younger than 13 years old, class B felonies.
According to the complaint, a girl, now 16 years old, told authorities that when she was between 5 and 8 years old, she was repeatedly assaulted by her mother's then boyfriend, who lived in a trailer at their residence in the Town of Lisbon. In a forensic interview, the girl stated "that it started with touching and it 'went further.' "
Now living in Arizona, Tevich allegedly would follow the victim around the house and was always watching her, even when she was going to the bathroom. The criminal complaint alleged that Tevich would touch the girl on her vagina and breasts. The victim recounted an incident that occurred when she was 5 years old, in which the defendant locked the door of his trailer, pushed the girl onto the bed, took his and her clothes off and laid on top of her. That incident occurred at a residence in Sussex, where Tevich's camper was allegedly parked.
The victim told investigators about several other incidents, and one in which the victim said she was upset at night and "thought if she went in his bed he would comfort her." She subsequently stated, "he raped me," the complaint said.
The criminal complaint states that the incidents stopped when the victim and her mother moved to Jackson and Tevich moved to Arizona.
The victim's mother said she moved in with the defendant in December 1999 and lived with him until April 2004, during which time the victim would come to visit one or two nights a week. According to the complaint, when the victim was 8 years old she told her mother that the defendant had touched her, but her mother, "never mentioned it after for fear of bringing up bad memories," the complaint said.
Tevich retired in January 2006 and moved to Arizona, but according to the criminal complaint, the victim's mother stated she believed he returned to Sussex in the summers.
The criminal complaint said multiple attempts to secure a statement from the defendant have been unsuccessful.
If convicted, Tevich could face up to 120 years in prison.
- Menomonee Falls man accused of hit-and-run while intoxicated, his 4th OWI in 5 Years
- Hamilton High School 60s, 70s Reunion Picnic to be held
- Hamilton School Board still accepting applications to fill vacant Lannon seat
- Village of Butler completes first road project in 30 years
- Pages from the Past: July 27, 2016
- Parade winners announced for Sussex Lions Daze
- Hamilton School District preps for start of school year
- Supreme Court ruling impacts Sussex, Butler signage
- Sussex Fire Department will not consolidate; seeks full-time chief
- Retrospect, July 20, 2016: Weaver finishes up his time in the service