Thursday fire damages most of Ixonia home
Town of Ixonia – Ten crews spent more than five hours assisting the Ixonia Fire Department to extinguish a blaze Thursday night at N8517 Pleasant Valley Lane likely caused by a faulty chimney pipe. The fire that caused around $120,000 in damage to the home with an assessed value of $212,900 and was reported by a neighbor around 7 p.m. The family was not home at the time and crews rescued a dog unharmed.
Crews managed to save the attached garage; two rooms of the three-bedroom home were left with water and fire damage. Ixonia Fire Chief, Matt Petrie, said 75 percent of the house was damaged by the fire by the time firefighters were able to cut through the ceiling, pull the insulation out and extinguish the fire.
Ixonia Fire and EMS were assisted by fire departments from Oconomowoc, Town of Summit, Johnson Creek, Watertown, Sullivan, Rome, Helenville, Lebanon and the Western Waukesha Rapid Intervention Crew Team. We Energies also responded to disconnect power to the house and Ixonia Support Services and Jefferson County Sheriff's Department Emergency Communications were also on scene.
- Oconomowoc Public Forum: July 21, 2016
- Lake Country businesses team up to host Christmas in July
- Allen Road in Oconomowoc to close
- Paddle Fest set for Aug. 6 at City Beach in Oconomowoc
- 351 new homes planned in village of Summit, most will be in Pabst Farms
- Ashippun gets into a rumble
- Fairest of the Fair winner brings home family trifecta at the Waukesha County Fair
- Proposed gas station development runs dry
- Lisbon Road in Oconomowoc to close for about 2 weeks
- Oconomowoc School Board approves final fall referendum cost that will not exceed $54.9 million (5)