Local girl crowned Miss Wisconsin Preteen
Payton Stehno, 12, daughter of Brad and Laura Stehno of the Town of Eagle, was crowned 2012 Miss Wisconsin Preteen National Teenager on March.
Payton was crowned through the American National Teenager Scholarship Organization (ANTSO). Academic excellence and community service were two large components of the competition.
Her responsibilities for the next year include continued service to her community and the State of Wisconsin. Most recently she led an effort to collect more than 1,000 pair of shoes for the Soles 4 Souls organization, which provides shoes to third-world countries and areas hit by natural disasters.
Payton will represent Wisconsin at the national competition in San Antonio, Texas, on July 28. In addition to numerous sponsorships from businesses and individuals, she also raised funds by holding a lemonade stand and selling hot dogs and brats at the Mukwonago Pick 'n Save.
- Video: Chief on the street featuring new principals, community remodeling and more!
- Three new elementary principals join Mukwonago school staffs
- Shortage in volunteer firefighters and EMTs prompts legislative committee
- Community helps Big Bend teen get needed service dog
- Woman moves into 'miracle home' in Mukwonago
- Enjoy National Night Out in Mukwonago, North Prairie, Big Bend
- Village Administrator John Weidl recognized as "Young Economic Development Professional of the Year"
- Video: Chief on the Street featuring a new restaurant, county fair info and more!
- Four finalists aim for Waukesha County Fairest of Fair title
- Hopefest returns for second year