Two charged in attempted robbery at pizzeria
Two men were charged last week with the attempted robbery of Salvo's Pizzeria on Dec. 6.
Evan Casey, 18, of Hartland was charged with attempted armed robbery on Dec. 11 in Waukesha County Circuit Court Michael M. Seymer, 20, of Pewaukee was charged with being party to the crime.
According to the criminal complaint, Village of Pewaukee officers were dispatched to the pizzeria, 220 Oakton Ave., just before 9 p.m. Business owner Salvatore Armeli told officers that while he was closing, a white male wearing a black hoodie over his head and a white T-shirt over his face came into the business. The man was later identified as Casey, who reportedly showed Armeli a knife and demanded cash.
Armeli told the subject to calm down and then, according to the criminal complaint, he left the room, intending to find his pistol in the kitchen. As he was opening the door, Casey apparently saw a second employee working in back, according to the complaint. Realizing that Armeli was not alone, the two fled. Police noted that Armeli had all the appropriate licenses for the firearm and did not use it any point during the incident.
The incident report says that officers found a wallet in a nearby alley belonging to Casey. It apparently fell out of his pants when he changed into a new outfit.
Casey told police that he wanted the money to pay for rent and to buy new shoes. Seymer reportedly told police that he went with Casey so he wouldn't get lost while conducting the robbery.
If Casey is convicted of attempted armed robbery, and Seymer as a party to the crime, they may be fined up to $50,000 and could be in jail for 20 years.
- Lake Country businesses team up for Christmas in July
- In brief: Toy drive to benefit foster care program, Fill the Bus
- Lake Country celebrates National Night Out
- Town of Lisbon to get mobile app, new website
- Lisbon OKs purchase of Lied's property
- Positively Pewaukee marks 20 years
- Taste of Lake Country joined by Waterfront Art Fair this year
- Get to know your county clerk candidates
- Lake Country police advise safety when playing Pokemon Go
- Repairs force lane closure on westbound Capitol Drive near Springdale Road