Town of Lisbon special election scheduled for April
Fischer, Heier will not seek re-election to Town Board
Town of Lisbon - The Town Board on Monday approved a resolution calling for a special election to be held in conjunction with the regularly scheduled April 2 municipal election to fill the vacancy created by Supervisor Dan Fischer's resignation earlier this year.
It has not been determined whether a primary election will be necessary, but if so, it will be conducted Feb. 10. A primary election will be required if there are more than two candidates seeking to fill Fischer's one-year unexpired term as Town Supervisor No. 3.
The addition of the contest for Fischer's seat to the election calendar means that four of the five town board seats will be contested in the municipal elections.
Town Chairman Matt Gehrke is seeking re-election.
So far, no one has obtained candidacy petitions from Town Hall to challenge Gehrke. The petitions can be obtained online as well in person at the clerk's office, according to town officials.
Joe Osterman is seeking re-election to his supervisor seat No. 4. So far, no one appears to have obtained petitions to challenge him.
Supervisor seat No. 2 is being vacated by incumbent Dan Heier. So far, there are two prospective candidates, former Supervisor Wendy Landry and Hannah Heinritz, reportedly circulating candidacy petitions.
Heier is expected to resign in the near future and move to Florida to be with his ailing father.
Retired Treasurer Rebecca Plotecher is circulating candidacy petitions to fill the vacancy created by Fischer's resignation from Supervisor seat No. 3.
However, Landry and Heinritz could also opt to file their candidacy petitions for Fischer's seat.
If there are more than two candidates for any board seat, there will be a primary election.
The candidates will challenge each other in separate contests for numbered seats on the board. The candidate with the highest number of votes will be elected to that seat.
- Lake Country businesses team up for Christmas in July
- In brief: Toy drive to benefit foster care program, Fill the Bus
- Lake Country celebrates National Night Out
- Town of Lisbon to get mobile app, new website
- Lisbon OKs purchase of Lied's property
- Positively Pewaukee marks 20 years
- Taste of Lake Country joined by Waterfront Art Fair this year
- Get to know your county clerk candidates
- Lake Country police advise safety when playing Pokemon Go
- Repairs force lane closure on westbound Capitol Drive near Springdale Road