Thousands raised in Lace Up for Orphans Run/Walk
Hartland - More than 240 people participated in Mission: Hope's Lace Up for Orphans 5K Cross Country Run/Family Fun Walk on Nov. 3, at Lake Country Lutheran High School. Mssion: Hope is the orphan care ministry at Oakwood Church in Hartland.
The event raised more than $19,000 to build a playground at the Jelgava City Orphanage in Jelgava, Latvia. Event activities included the run/walk, food, music, raffle prizes and kids' activities.
"Thanks to the participants and generous individual and corporate donors, Lace Up for Orphans surpassed its event goal of $15,000," said Jennifer Wollner, event organizer. "We are especially grateful to Lake Country Lutheran High School staff and students who helped coordinate the details of the event and volunteered on race day." About 50 individuals from the community volunteered at the event.
The playground will be installed by Oakwood Church's mission team in June 2013, in partnership with Kids Around the World and Latvian partners in Jelgava.
- Lake Country businesses team up for Christmas in July
- In brief: Toy drive to benefit foster care program, Fill the Bus
- Lake Country celebrates National Night Out
- Town of Lisbon to get mobile app, new website
- Lisbon OKs purchase of Lied's property
- Positively Pewaukee marks 20 years
- Taste of Lake Country joined by Waterfront Art Fair this year
- Get to know your county clerk candidates
- Lake Country police advise safety when playing Pokemon Go
- Repairs force lane closure on westbound Capitol Drive near Springdale Road