Pewaukee Police Chief Ed Baumann announces retirement
The Village of Pewaukee's Chief of Police Edward M. Baumann submitted his notice of retirement from active duty to the President of the Police Commission late Friday night.
His retirement becomes effective on April 2, 2013.
"As I look backwards and reflect on a career that I have cherished, I am overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude for the privilege of serving a community so special and the honor of leading the men and women comprising one of the greatest police departments ever. Most of all, I am thankful for the love and support of my family, friends and extended family."
Chief Baumann has served the Pewaukee community for 38 years, 28 years as the Chief of Police.
"Work isn't work when you love what you're doing and whom you're doing it for," Chief Baumann said.
- Lake Country businesses team up for Christmas in July
- In brief: Toy drive to benefit foster care program, Fill the Bus
- Lake Country celebrates National Night Out
- Town of Lisbon to get mobile app, new website
- Lisbon OKs purchase of Lied's property
- Positively Pewaukee marks 20 years
- Taste of Lake Country joined by Waterfront Art Fair this year
- Get to know your county clerk candidates (1)
- Lake Country police advise safety when playing Pokemon Go
- Repairs force lane closure on westbound Capitol Drive near Springdale Road