New director at Town Hall Library
North Lake - Cheryl Schoenhaar of Waukesha is the new director for the Town Hall Library, filling the position vacated last August by Heidi Cox.
Her first day at her new job was Monday, Jan. 4.
Schoenhaar has a bachelor's degree in English from St. Norbert College in De Pere, a master of library science degree from Rosary College in River Forest, Ill., and an master's degree in creative writing from Mankato State University in Mankato, Minn. . She previously served as the media services and instructional technology manager at the University of Wisconsin-Waukesha.
Schoenhaar said she looks forward to working with the Library Board on new initiatives, including the possible development of the library's basement into a children's reading library.
"One thing that I have been very excited about is the community really values the library and wants the library in the community," she said.
She would also like to focus on events for all age groups, from social media awareness seminars for teens and "tweens" to seminars on how to retire successfully.
Schoenhaar was selected from among four finalists. .
Meet Schoenhaar at a reception from 2 to 4 p.m. Friday, Jan. 18, in the McBroom Community Room. RSVP to the library by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lake Country businesses team up for Christmas in July
- In brief: Toy drive to benefit foster care program, Fill the Bus
- Lake Country celebrates National Night Out
- Town of Lisbon to get mobile app, new website
- Lisbon OKs purchase of Lied's property
- Positively Pewaukee marks 20 years
- Taste of Lake Country joined by Waterfront Art Fair this year
- Get to know your county clerk candidates (1)
- Lake Country police advise safety when playing Pokemon Go
- Repairs force lane closure on westbound Capitol Drive near Springdale Road