Hartland man accused of having 4-foot-tall pot plant
Man charged with three drug-related counts
A 27-year-old Hartland man was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Dec. 12 with three drug-related counts after police allegedly found a 4-foot-tall marijuana plant in his apartment.
Police responded to Curtis Lesniewski's apartment, 145 North Ave. No. 9, because Lesniewski had not showed up for work in two days and his employer could not get through to him. His employer was concerned for his well being, according to reports.
Police knocked on Lesniewski's door several times and had the dispatch center call him several times, but there was no response and police forced entry.
At this point Lesniewski, who was inside, reportedly told authorities that he was OK and asked them to stop. Deputies forced the door open and performed a protective sweep of the house.
According to the complaint, police smelled a strong odor of marijuana and found a marijuana plant in his closet. They were also reported to have found two pipes and a Tupperware container with leaves in it.
Lesniewski was charged with manufacturing THC, possession of THC and possession of drug paraphernalia. If convicted he could pay up to $11,500 in fines and serve more than 3 ½ years in jail. His license could also be revoked for up to 15 years.
- Lake Country businesses team up for Christmas in July
- In brief: Toy drive to benefit foster care program, Fill the Bus
- Lake Country celebrates National Night Out
- Town of Lisbon to get mobile app, new website
- Lisbon OKs purchase of Lied's property
- Positively Pewaukee marks 20 years
- Taste of Lake Country joined by Waterfront Art Fair this year
- Get to know your county clerk candidates
- Lake Country police advise safety when playing Pokemon Go
- Repairs force lane closure on westbound Capitol Drive near Springdale Road