Downtown Oconomowoc Merchants Association has new leadership, ideas to bring traffic to city's downtown
City of Oconomowoc - The Downtown Oconomowoc Merchants Association (DOMA) recently elected new leadership and has new projects in store.
New President Paul Schulz, owner of Sunarc Studio, said DOMA will take advantage of the tens of thousands of people expected to head to downtown Oconomowoc this weekend for the inaugural German Christmas Market. He said merchants will host carriage rides downtown, have Christmas carolers strolling and singing, shop windows in the holiday spirit with decorations and offer a bingo game with prizes.
"Shoppers will receive a bingo card and can have it stamped at participating stores. Their card will be entered in a drawing. First and second place will receive cash, and we will give away 25 posters," Schultz said. The poster, he said, is a collage of Oconomowoc landmarks.
Along with Schultz the new DOMA board includes Lynn Reed, owner of Lakerz Pub & Eatery as vice president; Tom Boldig of The Gallori as secretary; Heidi Laatsch of Roots Coffebar and Café as secretary; and Bill Winkels, owner of Accentuate! and Vino Etcetera as director of art.
Schultz said the group's mission is to get more downtown businesses involved; so far that has proved successful with the addition of downtown bars and restaurants as DOMA members. "With their involvement it will be easier to have more events downtown," Schultz said. He said the group is also working on a new website and a presence in social media.
Anyone interested in more information about DOMA should send an email to Schutlz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you go
What: DOMA hosts carriage rides, carolers and giveaways
Where: Wisconsin Avenue and Main Street, downtown Oconomowoc
When: Friday-Sunday, Nov. 23-25
- Lake Country businesses team up for Christmas in July
- In brief: Toy drive to benefit foster care program, Fill the Bus
- Lake Country celebrates National Night Out
- Town of Lisbon to get mobile app, new website
- Lisbon OKs purchase of Lied's property
- Positively Pewaukee marks 20 years
- Taste of Lake Country joined by Waterfront Art Fair this year
- Get to know your county clerk candidates (1)
- Lake Country police advise safety when playing Pokemon Go
- Repairs force lane closure on westbound Capitol Drive near Springdale Road