Kapenga retains seat
Chris Kapenga (R) wins the 99th Assembly seat with all wards reporting in.
Waukesha County shows 25,861 votes for Kapenga and 8,011 for his opponent Thomas Hibbard (D).
Hibbard said he has many projects that he'll turn his attention to now that campaigning is over, including a book that he's currently working on. He also said that if the Democratic Committee asks him to run again in the future, he would consider it.
"I feel we ran a good campaign and achieved some things for Democratic candidates in the future. I'm hopeful that the days of one-party elections in Waukesha County are a thing of the past.
"I'm disappointed by the results, but I congratulate Chris Kapenga on his victory. I still say that there are a lot of problems in Southeastern Wisconsin and districts similar to Assembly 99, and without the environmental ideas of the Democrats I don't see anyone doing anything about these problems except letting them get worse," Hibbard said.
Kapenga was not available for a statement before deadline.
Chris Kapenga (R) 25,861
Thomas Hibbard (D) 8,011
- Dousman Derby Days coming this weekend
- Doering Open supports AngelsGrace Hospice and ProHealth cancer services
- Video: Kettle Moraine students fly high with 'Mary Poppins'
- Summit moves ahead on land buy
- Mulvey, Dahl take to stage for SummerStage show
- Delafield praises life savers
- Gutschenritter ends his Assembly race
- Delafield reviewing planner options
- North Prairie looking for recommendations for civic award
- Reel World: 'The Secret Life of Pets' July 13, 2016