Donna Lexa Memorial Art Fair returns to Wales on Saturday
Outdoor fair held along bike trail
Village of Wales - Bicyclists and art lovers will share the Glacial Drumlin State Bike Trail in Wales on Saturday, Aug. 18 for the Donna Lexa Memorial Art Fair. The annual juried art fair will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. along the bike trail in Wales. More than 60 artists will exhibit watercolor, sculpture, jewelry, glass, pottery, photography and other fine arts and crafts.
The day's events include children's activities, a silent art auction, used book sale and a live entertainment. Food and beverages will be available for purchase, including Texas-style smoked beef brisket sandwiches, brats and hot dogs.
Entertainment: 9 a.m. Stan Markus, classical guitar; 10, Company CO2, show tunes by Robin LeClaire, Roberta Prospeck, Rob Carroll and Cathy Pacquette; 11, Big Kenny "N" 3D; noon, Vaughn Family Band, vocals and instrumentals; 1 p.m., White Linen, old classics sung by Robin LeClaire and Donna Rooney; 2, Jeff Leonard, vocals with guitar; 3, Eric Kanter, guitar.
Celebrating its 16th year, the art fair is sponsored by Jerusalem Presbyterian Church in memory of Donna Lexa, who helped disabled and elderly people reach their full potential through her work as an art therapist. The event will be held rain or shine, and admission is free. To reach the art fair site, take I-94 to Highway 83 and go south three miles to Main Street.
For more information, call Pam MacArthur at (262) 853-0808 or visit www.donnalexamemorial artfair.org .
- Dousman Derby Days coming this weekend
- Doering Open supports AngelsGrace Hospice and ProHealth cancer services
- Video: Kettle Moraine students fly high with 'Mary Poppins'
- Summit moves ahead on land buy
- Mulvey, Dahl take to stage for SummerStage show
- Delafield praises life savers
- Gutschenritter ends his Assembly race
- Delafield reviewing planner options
- North Prairie looking for recommendations for civic award
- Reel World: 'The Secret Life of Pets' July 13, 2016