2 killed in single-vehicle crash in Waukesha County
Two occupants of a car found after it struck a large tree in the Town of Delafield and caught fire were pronounced dead at the scene early Friday, according to a Waukesha County Sheriff's Department news release.
According to the release, the Sheriff's Department and Town of Delafield Fire Department responded to a call for a vehicle fire on Bryn Road west of Elmhurst Road about 2:40 a.m.
The first arriving deputy found a car that was on fire and appeared to have struck a large tree head on. The car was resting on the driver's side and had severe front-end damage.
After the Fire Department extinguished the fire, it was determined there were two occupants inside the vehicle at the time of the crash.
The car appeared to have been traveling west on Bryn and failed to negotiate the slight left curve, then left the roadway and struck the tree.
More Waukesha County News
- Lightning strike catches Waukesha home on fire
- U.S. appeals court overturns conviction in Falls bank robbery (7)
- OwnersEdge gives Green Bay business owner an alternative to selling
- Fire at Oconomowoc landscaping business reported early Wednesday
- Slender Man: Mom fights for daughter charged in stabbing