Independence Day, arguably the biggest nation-wide party of the year, is upon us, but it’s not limited to the weekend of July 4. Several festivals and events are scheduled earlier, leading up to the main event. Get your patriotic celebrations underway at these summer events:
- Audacious Beer Celebration: Features draft beers, artisan cheeses, food and music, 6 to 11 p.m. June 26; 2 to 11 p.m. June 27, Nixon Park, 175 E. Park Ave., Hartland. www.audaciousbeer.com.
- Hartland’s Hometown Celebration: Live music, food and drinks, fireworks, a parade and more, June 26-28, Nixon Park, Hartland.
- Hartland Community Band & 132nd Army Band Concert: A patriotic selection of music, 6 p.m. June 26, Nixon Park, 175 E. Park Ave., Hartland. 262-567-5134.
- Kettle Moraine Days: Carnival rides, food, live music, games, fireworks and more, June 26-28, Eagle Village Park, 217 N. Main, Eagle.
- Kiwanis Beach Party: Children’s entertainment, volleyball tournament, food and music, 5 to 11 p.m. June 26; 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. June 27, Lakefront Park, 222 W. Wisconsin Ave., Pewaukee. www.pewaukeekiwanis.org.
- Amerifest: Activities include patriotic concerts, games, clowns, a picnic lunch and a car show, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 28, Spring Creek Church, N35-W22000 Capitol Drive, Pewaukee. 262-695-2211.
Check out more weekend events on the Weekend Happenings blog.